Tuesday, August 18, 2009

We are here!

We arrived on Saturday after spending a few sleep hours at Carla's. Carla had Salmon and a pina colada for Emily. She spoils her. :-) The trip was uneventful. No problems whatsoever. Lots of gasoline and diesel. Tony did a great job driving the truck. I drove the car and a U-haul trailer - too much stuff. When we arrived, help was here so we immediately started unloading. The house looks really good. The flooring guys did a great job. My brother Dan repaired the sheet rock between the wood stairs and the wall. He and Dave (his twin) also cut and installed a mirror in the bathroom. My brother Ben, my mom, Tony and Rikki, Kru and Rikki's Mom also helped.

Spent Sunday just getting the necessities unpacked. Monday was spent setting up Postal service, returning rentals, visiting the YMCA and other errands. The prices here seem to be the same but there are lots of 'fees' - $50 to get a mailbox key. I bought some bottled water on sale for $3.49 only to pay $1.50 in CRV charges. I bought a small TV and paid $16.00 in CRV charges. I believe those are recycle charges paid in advance.

The girl at the Y did give me some useful information. She told me about a local farmers market to buy all your fruit, best places to shop for groceries and meats, etc.

Today we are going swimming at the YMCA. Emily thought the child watch looked interesting. It is a small Y and they only have 8 kids at a time and do lots of crafts. I will send out pictures soon - I hope.

1 comment:

CLM said...

I forgot to mention. We bought all new toilet seats and I changed out the downstairs bathroom and thought that was so cool. It was very easy. Emily watched me and then changed out her own. I was impressed.