Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Living on the Streets

We sold our house and are now official apartment dwellers. It all happened so fast. Emily says we don't have a home anymore - that we are living on the streets. We will certainly miss our home of the last 10 years but it was definately time to move on. We have all those memories in our hearts and they will never leave. The yard was too big for me to keep up with and we really need something where Emily and I are on the same floor. We have been in the apartment a week and Emily has slept in her bed every night. She has not slept in her own bed since Jim got sick. I am, however, glad that this apartment living is only short term. We miss our home.

I feel so blessed with having such a wonderful church family and great friends. I had so much help during my move. I know I could not have done it without them. Moving from 2600 sq. feet to 1050 sq. feet has been challenging. I have a lot of stuff in storage. I got rid of a lot of stuff also. I hope to continue getting rid of things. I'm also on the third floor so I am really feeling blessed with so much help.

Here are a few updated pictures of my grandson. What a cutie! Can't wait to see him again.

2 comments:

Mike said...

He looks like Emily. :)

Christie M said...

That was actually Christie that said that. :)