Friday, January 8, 2010

Big Bear - Snow Summit Ski Trip

Emily and I spent 2 ski days at Big Bear. It is one hour and 40 minutes from the house but the windy roads were very scary. I really wanted to look at the beautiful scenery as I was driving but did not dare unless we pulled over. We pulled over several times to let cars go around us because I was driving so slow (not my cup of tea). The weather was perfect and the cabin we rented was on Big Bear Lake. We walked 3/4 of a mile to dinner on the first night and then around the lake. Thursday we both took lessons - me skiing and Emily boarding. At first Emily struggled but by the end of the second lesson, she was happy and wanting to go another day. Friday she took a 2 hour private lesson and now she's an expert beginner as she calls herself and insists on me learning to snowboard the next time we go. Her Daddy would be so proud to see her snowboarding and having so much fun with it. I liked the fact that my toes weren't cold and I didn't even need a jacket. We had a really great time.

This is a picture we took on the way up the mountain.


This is from on top of one of the lifts with Big Bear Lake in the background.

Emily on the ski lift.


My camera was on a weird setting.

This is Emily and her instructor - CC.

No comments: