Monday, June 16, 2008

Dallas Trip

Last weekend we went to Dallas to visit Chris and Elaine Minich. We had a bunch of fun. We did the Plano Race for the Cure 5K on Saturday. It is always so moving to do that race. It is very inspiring. It was fun running with Chris and Elaine. I think we chatted the whole time. My favorite part was probably watching the survivors line up according to how many years they have survived cancer. Just awesome to see the strength and bonding that these women share having gone through such a horrible ordeal. One person had survived 35 years. Wow. After we got home, Elaine and I went on a very enjoyable 3 mile walk.

Sunday, we went to the lake. Emily just comes alive in the water. She wasn't shy at all getting on the tube or kneeboard. I think she has really misses going to the lake. Matt rode the tube with her for a long time and they had some pretty high air. Jim would have been proud. The boys, Chris, Elaine and Nikki all went above and beyond showing us a great time. Here are a couple of my favorite pictures. More pictures can be seen on Chris and Elayne's Blog

1 comment:

Tony said...

It looks like you guys had a great time at the lake. I wish I could have been there. I look forward to you guys coming to visit. I cant wait to see you, Emily and Cody. See ya soon!